Not many people understand why warm water is far better than ice cold. Hopefully, this article will help you see things better.
But, first, try this:
Close your eyes and imagine yourself being on a wooden dook that extends into a mountain lake. Sun is shining, birds are singing. Spring is awesome. The top layer of the lake has just melted. You decide to dive in the lake.
Now, how does your body react? Are you relaxed or constricted?
If by any chance you did not know it, warm water loosens skin and opens pores, and cold water constricts it and closes pores. The same happens to your digestive tract when you drink ice cold water.
What does cold water do to your body?
- Body spends more energy to regulate its temperature instead of absorbing nutrients and digesting food. This may result in water loss.
2. Cold drinks restrict digestion, shrinks blood vessels and hinders hydration.
3. When drinking cold drinks while eating food, cold temperature solidifies fat from the food you eat and your body cannot digest undesired fats from the body properly.
4. If you prefer drinking cold water after your meals, your body deals with excess mucus, which affects the function of your immune system, so you are likely to catch a cold or struggle with a disease.
People believe that cold water helps in burning calories. But, you sure do not need your digestive system working harder, and try to make things a bit different. You can burn calories in many other ways, without affecting vital functions in your body.
Why is warm water better for you?
- Stimulates digestive enzymes and enhances digestion
2. Hydrates tissues faster
3. Improves better bowel movement. Try warm lemon water in the morning
4. Your body breaks down food more efficiently
5. Boosts natural detoxification in your body and cleanses blood via kidneys, skin and lymphatic system
Once you decide to go for warm water or water at room temperature, you will experience better digestion and your body will feel much lighter after or during meals. Some people claim that drinking warm water has reduced their sugar cravings.