If you’ve ever experienced UTI (urinary tract infection) pain, than you probably know what kind of pain it is. Sitting on the toilet and feeling like you have to pee, but you can’t is not really a pleasant feeling.
This can happen when bacteria makes its way up the urethra. It can be caused by many factors as: holding in urine instead of going to the bathroom, having a catheter, and for women not peeing after intercourse. It usually lasts few days, but in case of lasting more it is very important to see your doctor, because you can end up much worse than the pain in your stomach. If you feel yourself like having some of the symptoms usual for UTI here are some natural home remedies to fight them off from the beginning.
- First and main thing to do is to drink a lot of water. Although it doesn’t seem like an ordinary remedy, water is very effective when it comes to flushing out bacteria. Almost every medicine for UTI is a drink, because you should always be flushing fluid through your system. For effective results you need to drink 8 glasses a day.
- Next helpful remedy to help you relief the pain is to drink soda. Baking soda is a miraculous alkaline substance which can help you lessen the acidity of your urine. You can stir the baking soda into the water until it dissolves and then drink the whole glass.
- One of the more important natural things to do is to go pee. Peeing is the best way for you to get rid of bacteria and not letting it develop into more serious infection. Especially when you have UTI, with every peeing you get rid of the bacteria.
- Chew celery seeds. This remedy is good for the production of your urine. It acts as diuretic, because of the celery oil-butylphtalide it contains. You can have celery seeds for snack once or twice a day and it is also supposed that they can prevent UTI.
- Cucumbers can also be from a huge help. They are rich in water content, so they are a good way to get extra fluid into your system.
- You can try eating blueberries, because they affect the fimbria of the bacteria. It is recommended eating them whole.
- Cranberry juice. To get the wanted effects, you may have to drink huge amount of it. Studies have shown that it is one of the most helpful remedies for women dealing with UTI. Same as blueberries, they affect the fimbria, because of the combination of acidic substances.