Short history and interesting names of Goji Berry
In recent years the use of goji berry is exponentially growing in European andmarkets. are coming from where the people used them for hundreds of years as ingredients in a many recipes and also in a medicine for their excellent properties.
In Asia, people called them ” red diamonds “, you can guess way.
Goji or wolf berries ( Lycium barbarum ) is a shrub plant that grows over 1 to 3 feet in height. The fruit is orange-red color and it is length over 1 to 2 cm. In each berry there are about 10 to 60 seeds. The berries become fully grown from July to October. Because they are oxidases rapidly they are not collected, but they are shaking from the branches and dried. They can be eaten raw, but because they are oxidize quickly usually in the stores we could buy dried that are sweet and taste or can be purchased in the form of tea and juice. The biggest exporter and grower is China.
What kind of goods can be found in Goji Berries?
Goji Berries have exceptional nutritional and antioxidant possessions and they are used in traditional Chinese medicine for a very long time. “Western” world has “discovered” them for the last ten years, and ranked them like superfood. Why?
They are the first U.S. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity). It is a scale that measures the antioxidant properties of food. What is the position on the scale higher, food has a greater capacity to destroy the free radicals, because if they are available and if they become more and more impair a health, accelerate the aging process and it becomes a lot of degenerative changes.
In a 100 grams Goji berries has a fantastic 25,300 units, compared with the plums that they are in second place that means in the 100 grams has “only” 5,770 units. For this reason this is the best food for revitalizing the body and slowing the age process.
Goji Berries containing 68 % carbohydrate, 12 % protein, 10 % fibers and 10 % fats so in the 100 grams there are 370 of calories.
Vitamin bomb for your body start with consummation of Goji Berries
– 18 amino acids (8 are essential and they are necessary for everyday life)
– 6 essential vitamins (such as riboflavin / vitamin B2 /, vitamin B1, vitamin C)
– 21 mineral (such as iron, zinc, selenium, calcium, potassium)
– 8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides
– 5 of unsaturated fatty acids from which it is important to mention linoleic and alpha – linoleic acid , which are necessary for the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system.
– Beta – sitosterol (which reduces the level of cholesterol) and other phytosterols
– 5 carotenoids (beta – carotene, zeaxanthin , lutein , lycopene , cryptoxanthin , xanthophyll )
– A lot of phenolic pigments that have antioxidant properties
Positive health reactions of using Goji Berries
Today they are used because it is considered to:
– Strengthen the immune system
– Improve eyesight
– Improves circulation, relaxes blood vessels and a beneficial effect on high blood pressure
– Protects the liver and kidneys
– Have a positive impact on the tan
– On the urinary system and the production of spermatozoids
– I could mitigate the side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
– Mitigate the back pain
This Goji berries are called “happy berry ” because people feels so good when consumed regularly, improve energy and endurance of the body.
Goji berries are not a cure, but they are one of the best natural supplements for benefit of the whole organism.