Amazing and Sensational Super Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe
There are days when you want to relax of everyday obligations and do something sweet for yourself, your family and your friends. These amazing and sensational super easy sugar cookies recipe are the right choice and so easy to make it. Try them.
Ingredients for these Sugar Cookies
- 280g / 10 oz /2 ½ cups plain / all-purpose flour
- 170g / 6 oz unsalted , chopped
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons caster /
- 2 egg yolks beaten with 4 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C Line two baking sheets with parchment or baking paper.
- Place the flour and butter into the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the salt and sugar and resume processing until the mixture is just combined. But be careful not to over-process.
- Lightly beat two egg yolks with the ice-cold water. Keeping the motor running, gradually add the egg yolk mixture until the mixture comes together into a glossy ball.
- Remove the dough from the processor, divide the mixture into smaller portions for rolling, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured board. While rolling one portion, keep the remainder refrigerated. Roll the dough out to a ¼ inch / 6 mm thickness and cut out shapes. Remember to place the cutters as close to the edges as possible to minimise the number of times you re-roll the dough. Repeat with the remaining dough, then combine all the leftover dough and re-roll.
- Place the cookies onto the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow room for spreading during baking. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- When cooked, remove them from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly. Using a slotted spatula transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Now it’s time to ice and decorate.